Gaia Protocol (hereinafter referred to as "Company") complies with the personal information protection regulations of related laws and regulations of Republic of Korea (hereinafter referred to as “Laws and Regulations”), that the information and communication service providers in Republic of Korea must comply with, such as PROTECTION OF COMMUNICATIONS SECRETS ACT, TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUSINESS ACT, ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC., and does its best to protect rights of its clients by establishing a policy, which is opened to its service (hereinafter referred to as “Service”) and in accordance with relevant Laws and Regulations, on the handling of personal information.
Article 1 – Personal information items to be collected
1. Personal information items to be collected by Company upon registration to Service are as follows:
1) The unique identification number provided by the service of the platform operator of the user
2) The name or alias of the user, e-mail address, sex, birthday, and profile image, which are uploaded to the user’s social networking service account that the user used to sign up for Service.
3) User nickname or character name in Service
2. Personal information items to be generated and collected by Company during use of Service are as follows:
1) User status information, date and time of visit, service usage history, bad usage history, etc.
3. When it is inevitably necessary, such as for payment of free/paid service, Company may collect credit card information, carrier information, purchase history and voucher number, and other payment related information. When a user requests recovery or refund of a paid content, for smooth customer consultation, Company may also collect additional personal information such as e-mail address, purchase history confirmation, proof of the real name and family relationship of the user, to confirm that the payment was by the user him/herself, not someone else.
4. Company collects personal information in the following ways:
1) Automatically collected through a platform in partnership with Company for Service provision
2) Collection through voluntary provision of users during Service registration or use
5. During the use of Service, you may provide login information of platform operators (e.g. Google Plus which Google serves, or Facebook) which you used for registration of Service. This information never does include any IDs or passwords for those platforms.
Article 2 - Purpose of collection and use of personal information
1. Company may use the platform provider's unique identification number of the user account that is collected and stored at the time of user's registration, to identify whether the user's account is normal or not.
2. Providing free or paid contents, sending goods by purchasing or sending invoices, self-certification, purchase and payment,
3. Confirmation of identity by using membership service, identification of users related to service provision, prevention of unauthorized use of bad member, prevention of unauthorized use, confirmation of signup, restriction of registration, restriction of the number of registration, confirmation of identity and settlement of disputes records preservation for complaints, complaint handling, etc.
4. Provision of new and customized services, provision of services according to statistical characteristics, displaying ads, validation of services, provision of events and their participation opportunities and advertisement information, statistics on User's Service use.
Article 3 - Sharing and Providing Collected Personal Information
1. The Company shall use the personal information of the users within the range of the purpose of collecting, and shall not use the information in excess of the scope without prior consent of the user. Basically, the user's personal information shall not be disclosed to the outside of Company. However, in the following cases, Company may use and provide your personal information with caution.
1) When users agree to disclose in advance: Before collecting information or providing information to third party, the user will be informed of how the third party and Company are related, how it is protected / managed. The user will be asked if he/she agrees, and if he/she does not agree, the information will not be provided to the third party, and additional information will not be collected. we will not collect any additional information or share it with our partners.
Article 4 - Consignment of Personal Information
1. The Company may entrust personal information for the purpose of improving Service, and may notify the User of the change as the matter concerned progresses.
Article 5 - Period of retention and use of personal information
1. In principle, the personal information of the user is destroyed without delay when the purpose of collecting and using the personal information is achieved. However, the following information will be retained for the specified period for the following reasons below.
1) In accordance with internal policy - In this case, Company will use the information stored only for the purpose of keeping it.
A. Records of fraudulent use (Reason for preservation: prevention of fraudulent use, retention period: 1 year)
2) In accordance with relevant Laws and Regulations - When it is necessary to preserve information according to the related Laws and Regulations such as commercial law, ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC. Company keeps the member information for a certain period determined by related Laws and Regulations. In this case, Company will use the information stored only for the purpose of keeping it, and the retention period is as follows:
A. Records on contract or withdrawal of subscription (Reason for preservation: Act on consumer protection in electronic commerce, preservation period: 5 years)
B. Records on the payment of goods and supplies (Preservation period: 5 years): Reasons for preservation: ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC
C. Record of dissatisfaction or dispute of consumer (reason for preservation: ACT ON THE CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, ETC, preservation period: 3 years)
D. Record of identity verification (Reason for preservation: ACT ON PROMOTION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK UTILIZATION AND INFORMATION PROTECTION, ETC., Preservation Period: 6 months)
E. Record of visit (reason for retention: Communication Confidentiality Protection Act, retention period: 3 months)
Article 6 - Procedures and methods of personal information destruction
1. In principle, the personal information of the user is destroyed without delay when the purpose of collecting and using the personal information is achieved. The procedure and method of destroying personal information of Company are as follows.
1) Destruction procedure
A. The information entered by the user for service subscription, etc., is transferred to a separate DB after the purpose is accomplished and is stored for a certain period of time according to internal policy and other relevant Laws and Regulations (refer to the Article 5).
B. This personal information will not be used for any purpose other than that of keeping it and those held by Laws and Regulations.
2) Destruction method
A. Personal information printed on paper is crushed by a crusher or destroyed by incineration.
B. Personal information stored in the form of electronic files is deleted using a technical method that cannot reproduce the record.
Article 7 – Rights of Users, legal representatives, and how to exercise the rights
1. You can view or modify the personal information of yours (or your under-14-year-old child, if you are the legal representative of the child) at any time through the platform provider or the App Store service provider, and can request the termination of the service by logging out and deleting the application.
2. To view or modify the personal information of yours (or a child under the age of 14, if you are the legal representative of the child), please click "Delete account" through the platform provider or the app store operator to view, correct or withdraw the information directly.
3. If a user requests correction of errors in personal information, we will not use or provide the personal information until we have completed the correction. Also, if wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify the third party without delay and make the third party to correct the information.
4. Company will treat personal information that has been terminated or deleted at the request of the user or legal representative as described in the Article 5, and may not view or use the personal information other than the purposes described in the Article 5.
Article 8 - Matters concerning the installation / operation and rejection of automatic collection of personal information
1. Company may automatically collect a unique identification number provided by your platform provider's services when you run applications for the Services to generate account information.
2. If the unique identification number or the device identification number is not collected automatically, you cannot use Service normally, because the Service cannot be provided normally.
Article 9 - Technical and administrative protection measures of personal information
1. In handling personal information of users, Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure that personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged.
1) Countermeasures against hacking - Company is doing its best to prevent leakage or damage of personal information of members from hacking or computer virus. In order to prevent damage to personal information, we will back up the data from time to time to prevent personal information or data from being leaked or damaged, and we can securely transmit personal information over the network through encrypted communication. We use intrusion prevention system to control unauthorized access from the outside, and try to have all possible technical devices to ensure security in other systems.
Article 10 - Contact information of personal information manager
1. Contact information of personal information manager - You can report complaints related to personal information while using Company's Service to personal information manager. The Company will respond promptly to its users' complaints.
1) Name of personal information manager: Sim Young Jae
2) Contact: https://contact.gaia.cc